P.E. - Physical Activity and Sport Premium
The PE and sport premium is designed to help primary schools improve the quality of the PE and sport activities they offer their pupils. Schools must spend the funding to improve the quality of the PE and sport activities they offer their pupils, but they are free to choose the best way of using the money.
For example, funding can be used to:
- hire specialist PE teachers
- hire qualified sports coaches to work with teachers
- provide existing staff with teaching resources to help them teach PE and sport
- support and involve the least active children by running or extending school sports clubs
- run sport competitions or increase pupils’ participation in school games
- run sports activities with other schools.
Following the success of our cricket, football and rugby teams last year, we will be entering more competitions, maximising the children's exposure to and participation in different sports. In 2019 we have taken part in the Burton Rugby Cup, football tournaments, multi skills sports day, Brownlee triathlon, cricket and we hope to try many more sports.
We are a partner school of the Leeds Rhinos and Leeds Rhinos Foundation.
As part of our Healthy Schools programme, we are delivering Change 4 Life clubs to give children and parents the opportunity to take part in fun sessions of physical activity and to learn about healthy lifestyles.
Our year 6 children take part in cycling proficiency lessons with Bikeability.
We are working towards achieving the Schools Games Mark, which acknowledges our commitment towards providing PE and physical activity opportunities to our children and families.